Week 3 of the Idaho high school football season brought defensive scoring, speedy quarterbacks and as always, lots of great highlights.
Here are the Top 7 plays.
- VOTE: Who should be the WAFD Bank Idaho high school athlete of the week?
- SBLIVE POWER 10: Coeur d’Alene strengthens grip on top spot; Middleton (No. 10) third 4A team to join party
TOP PLAYS OF THE WEEK
7. Hillcrest’s Tre Kofe puts Madison away with crafty touchdown run
Tre Kofe slices and dices to put Madison away late in a Week 3 win. Kofe finished with 127 yards on the night.
6. South Fremont’s Dallin Orme makes spinning touchdown snag
Two defenders ran into one another as Orme spun his way to a 25-yard touchdown catch on the final play of the first half to go up 21-0. South Fremont beat Aberdeen 49-22.
5. Genesee’s Cy Wareham strips QB, returns it for touchdown
Cy Wareham of Genesee stripped the ball from the quarterback and returned it for touchdown in a 48-30 win over Potlach, helping Genesee out to a 3-0 start.
4. Coeur d’Alene LBs Luke McLaughlin, Jack Dohm return fumbles for TD
OK — it’s two plays. But they’re merely identical. Coeur d’Alene’s pair of stud linebackers both returned fumbles for touchdown in a 48-7 win over win over Lakeland in Week 3.
3. Emmett QB Caden Young punches in go-ahead touchdown in win over Bishop Kelly
Emmett drove 81 yards in two minutes, and scored the game winner on Young‘s 1-yard run with 33 seconds left to secure the Huskies’ first victory over Class 4A’s perennial powerhouse since 2011. (READ MORE)
2. QB Ben Ford breaks off two long runs for Eagle
Ford accounted for four touchdowns and more than 400 total yards, including these two long runs to help Eagle beat Mountain View, 45-6.
1. Sandpoint’s Trevan Adam reels in one-handed interception to seal win
The snag came with 15 seconds left in the game, and allowed the Bulldogs to hold on and beat Lake City, 20-15.
(Lead photo by Erik Smith)