Week 6 of the Idaho high school football season brought lots of great highlights. We’ve scoured all classifications across the state of Idaho to compile five plays that caught our attention. (Lead photo by Erik Smith)
- VOTE: Who should be the WaFd Bank Idaho High School Athlete of the Week?
- SBLIVE POWER 10: Bishop Kelly moves back into all-class football rankings
- MORE RANKINGS: Top teams in every class
- WEEK 7 PREVIEW: Top games to watch, players to see, score predictions
TOP 5 PLAYS OF THE WEEK
5. Coeur d’Alene’s Isaiah Griffin grabs 6 points with style
Isaiah Griffin, a transfer from Gonzaga Prep, spun his way into the endzone to cap a 35-yard touchdown pass from Jack Prka. (READ MORE)
4. Jacob Butler’s touchdown with 49 seconds left lifts Nampa over Vallivue
Isaak Plew tossed two of his four touchdown passes on the final nine minutes, including the above game-winning 9-yard toss to Jacob Butler with 49 seconds remaining to turn back the No. 3 Falcons. Butler had three total touchdowns. (READ MORE)
3. Coeur d’Alene’s Tanner Langley blocks punt, returns it for TD in win over Post Falls.
It was one of two turnovers Langley was behind in the win. (READ MORE)
2. Bishop Kelly’s late game gamble, heroics fuel win over Middleton
Trailing in the fourth quarter, Bishop Kelly’s Jack Heffner made a chase-down recovery Sam Pape’s pooch kick to set up the go-ahead touchdown. Oh, and Keegan Croteau intercepted Middleton’s final touchdown heave. (READ MORE)
1. Columbia upends Ridgevue thanks to 77-yard interception return for touchdown
Columbia beat Ridgevue, 21-14. This was the go-ahead fourth quarter touchdown.